Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Sunflower traditions

Something that has become a tradition in our family every year at the beginning of August is to take Luke and now Charlie to the sunflower patches near the Agricenter. Each year the patches have grown more and more popular. People pull over on the side of the road to get their families out for awesome photo opportunities. You have to do this quickly and plan for it, because the sunflowers are only really pretty for about 2 weeks.

Anyway, I love them. They are beautiful! I get so excited at the end of July each year as we watch them grow daily and finally bloom. This year, Luke has been mesmerized by them. We drive by everday and everyday he screams out, "Momma, there are the sunflowers! I want to run in the sunflowers! They are really pretty!"

So once again this year, we headed out. As you know, I love to take pictures---I try to have my camera everywhere. What good is scrapbooking (or blogging for that matter) without pictures? So, I was thrilled when I finally got a couple of good shots of my boys together! Here are Luke pics from each year and now Charlie pics begin too! Enjoy!!



Luke at 10 months old!

Luke at 22 months old!

Luke, this year, at almost 3!

And, the tradition begins for Charlie--almost 4 months old!
Sweet brothers!

My three boys!

4 comments :

Mary said...

Hee Hee! Baby Charlie makes me giggle...so expressive!

How precious are my little nephews...and my brother in law for that matter!

=)

mrchrishill said...

I think you just planned our Saturday.

Thanks!

amber@This Mommy Cooks said...

I love Charlie's expression in the last picture. He's so sweet! It's neat to see Luke each year, I can't believe how tall he's getting!!

Ashley said...

What a great tradition!! I wish we could take sunflower pictures. -Your boys are all so cute. And I can't believe how big Charlie is getting. He's looking a lot more like Luke to me.

Miss you and hope we can talk soon...

Love,
ashley

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis